Received a charge on my credit card from "Online Address Change" in Sunrise FL, for $44.50. No phone number or address provided. Only related website address appears to be onlineaddresschange.net, which is no longer operating.
We moved 6 months ago and had processed address changes with the USPO – perhaps they pick it up from there.
Cassie – Jan 13, 2021
Victim Location 97202
Total money lost $45.95
Type of a scam Moving
https://addresschangeeasy.com/ heavily resembles https://usps.easyaddressupdate.com/ – the subtle differences in website names makes it this issue difficult to present, as it is easy to mispronounce / misconstrue the websites.
description of the experience below:
– the follow up email that comes with a purchase from addresschangeeasy sends you a confirmation email from easyaddressupdate, so when you respond to the follow up email (send by easyaddressupdate) they says that you purchased the services through a different company (addresschangeeasy). Hopefully you can see how confusing that is..
– easyaddressupdate website design implies affiliation with USPS – so your initial inclination is to spend time reaching out to USPS
– order confirmation emails lack a confirmation number (only client number) and customer service representatives request these confirmation numbers
– finally, the physical location provided for these addresses are less than 2 hours apart in Delaware, USA.
– there has been no resolution to the issue so far.
Alexander – Jun 30, 2020
Victim Location 02575
Total money lost $44.50
Type of a scam Worthless Problem-solving Service Scam
I’m not even sure how this happened but upon checking my card statement I found a $44.50 charge I didn’t recognize. I recently filed a change of address through the USPS so I’m guessing they had some ad that appeared to be a submission button while on the official government website which automatically stole my CC information (you have to put in a payment on the USPS site in order to officially change your address to make sure it’s legit I guess, I’ve done it many times before without issue). I got a confirmation email both from USPS and from this company at almost the exact same time so I didn’t realize right away that there was a difference between the two. This is a very slick operation as I am typically very careful about this stuff. Now I need to cancel my account and get a whole new card. Hopefully they don’t have any other information of mine.