Victim Location 31029
Type of a scam Employment
I received an email as follows:
We are looking for Assistant Manager who will have the overall responsibility for assisting the Regional Manager with the management of the ongoing day to day operations. Our HR Department has found your resume on CareerBuilder. We would like to offer you the vacancy at our company. We expect that you’ll take this job position and look forward to welcoming you at our company.
Base salary: $3050 – $4450 per month
Qualifying period: 3 weeks of paid training and qualifying
Timetable: Mon-Fri, 9 AM – 5 PM, full time (with paid breaks)
Duties: ensure timely and accurate, two-way communication between the clients and the customer; assist with the day to day operations of the office including daily report procedures; market research, reports and data preparation in scheduling system or other applications
Job Requirements: computer skills, communication and conflict resolution skills, accuracy, punctuality, ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
Benefits: paid vacation and sick leave; dental, life insurance and 401(k) profit sharing plan
Please provide us with your contact phone and e-mail so that we will be able to get in touch with you.
Important: This information is for internal use only and will not be shared with third parties.
With best regards,
I was really excited. Feeling skeptical, though. I replied with my contact info and 2 days later received this email.
I am very pleased to announce that our team is growing. We have been impressed with your background and would like to formally offer you the position of Assistance Manager and to invite you to become part of our team.
BE Company is a fast growing company which deals on the fundamental principles of applying state-of-the-art petroleum and natural gas exploration technology, to the development of onshore oil and natural gas projects.
We are pleased to confirm our offer to have you join our company as a Assistance Manager you will be reporting to your personal manager, commencing after employment agreement will be signed on the following terms:
Here is our website link: http://be-comp.com/
On our website you will find out all information about our company.
1. About the Position:
Hours and Compensation.
This is a home-based position requiring approximately such schedule:
– Training hours are from 9am till 1pm. Monday to Friday;
– Working hours are from 9am till 4pm. Monday to Friday;
You don’t pay anything to start working. You will not come across your personal out-of-pocket expenses.
As a regular employee of the Company, you will be eligible to participate in a number of Company-sponsored benefits. In addition, you will be entitled to paid vacation in accordance with the Company’s vacation policy.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
– Coverage of all expenses (phone calls, transport costs);
– Simultaneous training and work;
– Paid vacation and sick leave;
– Payment are made by W2 form.
– Health insurance and life insurance;
– Prospect of promotion to a Regional Manager after the trial employment period.
You are required to observe and uphold all of the Company’s privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time. Collection, storage, access to and dissemination of employee personal information will be in accordance with privacy legislation.
Your employment duties consist of:
– Making important graphs and reports regarding information received from our clients and partners who are working inside the country and abroad;
– Development and transfers of working plans;
– Researching of the most profitable routes for travel for our engineers who are working on developing in exploration technologies;
– Analysis and research for changes on the current situation in market
– Providing all necessary reports to the supervisor in time;
however, this list is not to be taken as fixed or exhaustive and you will be expected to perform any reasonable employment task given by a superior.
2. You will be on probation and training period for 3 weeks during which time BE Company obtain to pay you $ 3,300. Wage will be paid to you by the direct deposit after your training period is over. However, if you perform your obligations successfully, in time, with no remarks we may terminate your probation ahead of schedule and your first salary can be paid you after two working weeks. After completion of your trial period we will offer you the actual position of a Manager in our company with the salary amount of $ 5,000 per month.
2.1.This is a home-based remote position, you should not move or relocate.
3. You will not come across your personal out-of-pocket expenses while you’re working for BE Company . If some expenses occur, BE Company will reimburse them ( e.g. all your expenses from the bills will be covered by our company).
4. You agree not to disclose any confidential information learned in the course of your employment about the business of the firm or about its clients or about the personal affairs of your superiors to anybody outside the firm both during and after your term of employment.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the employment agreement which is enclosed like a separate PDF file ( in case you do not have a program to open such type of files, please download Acrobat Reader installation package on the official website of Adobe www.adobe.com), please follow several basic rules for signing this agreement:
– Employment agreement should be signed by your hand only ( digital signatures are not accepted );
– Your signed employment agreement will be as legal proof of consent;
– You should send back your signed agreement as scanned copy or faxed copy.
After all paper work will be completed, please feel free to contact me via email or phone if you have some more questions about further steps of your employment with our company.
We are all looking forward to having you on our team.
Best regards Martha Smith.
HR Department, BE Company.
Sounds great, right? Well, I did my research… looked up the phone and address, checked the website, and all legit. Well, did some digging on the BBB and wouldn’t u know 2 reports of the exact emails to 2 different people, but the company was different and it was based out of VA. The one that followed through reports that he/she was asked to open a business acount. They did. Then, a lot of money was put in and they were soon asked to start wiring money all overseas. The business account was then flagged by the bank and the company was gone. Thanks to checking here, I realized what was going to happen before I passed up a LEGIT job. Please don’t fall victim and I hope this helps someone.