Victim Location 95827
Total money lost $2,250
Type of a scam Online Purchase
ApplePay Seller….. started the transaction through ApplePay Buyer Protection Program! After verifying the membership of this specific member and confirming his overall good standing, we have approved the development of this transaction based on Seller’s purchase protection account on the file with ApplePay Safety Department.
Five easy steps to complete your ApplePay transactions:
1. Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms: Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the Vehicle, sale price and 5 days for the Buyer’s inspection. Any invoices that are not paid within 48 hours will expire and your Vehicle will no longer be reserved.
2. Buyer Pays ApplePay: If a Buyer is new to ApplePay, Credit/Debit card or PayPal is allowed if amount is not greater than $500.
3. Seller Ships the Vehicle: upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship the vehicle and submit tracking information. ApplePay verifies that the Buyer receives the vehicle. The inspection period begins once the Vehicle is delivered.
4. Buyer receives the Vehicle: The Buyer has 5 days to verify the item and the option to accept or reject. Return shipping will be at the Seller’s expense.
5. The Seller is Paid by ApplePay: The transaction is complete. If the buyer is not satisfied, he must notify our agency with the item issues, after the inspection period. A solution to most problems can usually be negotiated between the Buyer and Seller. If this is not possible, the Buyer will receive the money from our trust account.
In case the Buyer refuse to continue the transaction with the Seller from other reasons, our agency will return the funds to the Buyer.
ApplePay Purchasing Information: DMV Vehicle Inspected/ Clear Title
2008 Honda CR-V EX
Registered on: Februarty – 18- 2016
Sale price : $2,500.00
Quantity : 1
Quantity sold : 1
Shipping : $0.0
FPS Fees : Paid By Seller
Total : $2,500
ApplePay Payment Instructions
Payment must be submitted via iTunes – Gift Cards and can be purchased with cash, credit card or debit card at thousands of stores nationwide. First, you purchase a iTunes- Gift Card from a participating retailer. Load cash is onto the pack at checkout. Then you can pay for your Online Shopping on ApplePay.
iTunes – Gift Cards is an easy and convenient way to send money to where you need it. Through Apple iTunes – Gift Cards services we can guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction. ApplePay will secure the payment until the buyer receives, inspects and accepts the item. Or, if it will be the case, ApplePay will refund the payment to the buyer.
You can add only up to $500.00 into iTunes – Gift Card. For your purchase you need to buy 5 iTunes – Gift Cards of $500.00 each.
NOTE! In order to avoid any mistakes when buying the iTunes – Gift Cards, you will need to purchase the reloadable version that is available at these stores.
Ace Cash Express, CVS Pharmacy, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Kroger, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Safeway, 7 Elevens, Walgreens, WalMarts
Once you brought the iTunes – Gift Cards and loaded the debit, confirm your payment by email with the following information: iTunes – Gift Card – 16 DIGIT NUMBER (scratch-off the portion covering the code). (I want to comment when you called iTunes ApplePay support on the phone, they also ask for the 16 DIGIT NUMBER OVER THE PHONE ALSO. 800-275-2273, 800-328-1935, www.apple.com/support). I had sent the 16 DIGIT CODE TO: [email protected] It is no phone to contact ApplePay on the back of the iTune Gift Cards. I will attach the emails.
The funds will not be released under any circumstances. We will hold the payment until you will send us the confirmation that you have received, inspected and you agree to keep the vehicle. When we will have your confirmation we will transfer the funds to you Seller.
For you purchase you have to buy cards that can look as in the draft exposed: see attached Documents.
Protection against fraud and misrepresentation:
The ApplePay Vehicle Purchase Protection program is an insurance policy that may
Protect you in specified circumstances against fraud, breach of warranty and misrepresentation, including the following situations:
• VPP offers protection only for losses associated with eligible transactions for qualifying vehicles in the following situations:
• You pay for a vehicle and never receive it.
• You send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive it.
• You pay for a vehicle and receive it but suffer losses because:
• The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen at the time of the end of the listing.
• The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
• The vehicle make, model or year is different than what described in the seller’s listing at the time you placed you bid or offer.
• A title is required for the vehicle by your state and the seller’s state but you did not receive a title from the seller and it is not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
• The vehicle has a title with an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage brand at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggies, Race Cars or Trailers categories.)
• The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage as stated in the seller’s listing.
• In addition, the VPP also provides protection against certain undisclosed damage for vehicles that are less than 10 years old (10 year threshold is based on model year): The vehicle had undisclosed engine, body, transmission, and/or frame damage at the time of purchase that will cost more than $1000 to repair. The cost of repair to any one of those components must exceed $1000. For vehicles in the Boats (engine and hull only), Buses, Commercial Trucks, and RVs & Campers categories, the cost of the undisclosed engine, body, transmission, or frame damage must exceed $1,500. Race Cars are not eligible for this protection. Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.
Tracking Number Status: Pending
Please confirm in 2 days (48 hours) your proof payment by replying at this email with the attachments (photos) iTunes – Gift Cards and the receipt from the store you bought the Cards!
For any questions you can contact ApplePay Customer Support replying to this e-mail!
ApplePay Trust & Safety Team
Copyright 2016 ApplePay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. ApplePay and the ApplePay logo are trademarks of ApplePay Inc. ApplePay Inc. is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.