Victim Location 07860
Type of a scam Employment
On May 29th I had applied for a job posted on Craigslist. I responded, sent my resume and a cover letter. Today I received the following response:
Application Confirmation: *** ** Snitkin
VMG Marketing <[email protected]>
7:12 PM (3 hours ago)
Thank you for your interest in the Viral Media Group. We have reviewed your application and would like to move forward in the interview process.
This position will be a Full-Time, Telecommuting position, meaning that you will be working from home and must have :
· A Computer
· A Working Phone
Your day-to-day duties will include:
· Managing our Social Media accounts
· Making posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter provided by the marketing team
· Replying to questions/comments on the social media pages
· Communicating with our marketing team, providing insights about our audience
· Joining in weekly conference calls
We will be issuing a company card for the hired candidate, of which will contain a $400 monthly limit to cover the telecommuting expenses (Internet, Phone, Electricity, etc.) as well as the $125/month fee of our third party software which you will be using to manage the social media accounts from.
For this, we will require a credit check to prevent any fraudulence. Please visit: http://www.vmgmarketing.com/creditcheck and complete the credit check. Please be advised: There is a $1 charge for the credit check, which is refundable.
Upon completion, we will receive a confirmation email verifying your completion, and we will pass along your information to our Marketing Director.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thank you for your interest in the Viral Media Group,
The red flag for me was, of course, their request for a credit application, as well as the dollar fee! So I finally had some information and there was no website for them, and the link for the application linked to a credit check (for pay) site.
As I would never send just anyone my personal information, I didn’t fall for the scam, but I’m sure there are plenty others who will.
This is what they posted:
Social Media Manager – $75,000 Base Salary (north jersey)
compensation: $75,000 Base Salary
Viral Media Group Marketing is a Digital Media company based out of New York City. We provide digital advertising services for clients all across the United States. From increasing brand awareness to generating revenue, we provide high quality exposure across all major advertising platforms.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be in charge of managing our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and our Blog. Daily duties will include:
• Writing original, quality content to post on our social media accounts.
• Replying to comments/messages.
• Answering questions about our company on our social media accounts.
• Collaborating with our marketing team, providing insights about our audience.
What We Provide:
• $75,000 Base Salary + Bonuses
• Travel and Relocation Opportunities
• Management Training Program
• 401k + Medical/Dental
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1+ Years Social Media Experience: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Blog Management
• Experience with basic computer applications: MS Word, Excel, and Google Docs
• High School Diploma
• BA/BS Degree preferred but not required for employment
• A positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
Please hit ‘reply’ and submit your resume.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5048152837
posted: 6 days ago
email to friend
? best of [?]